- Funds Available to CBOs for Plans to Reduce Disparity: The Department of Developmental Services (DDS) is accepting proposals for projects to reduce disparities and promote equitable access to regional center services and supports. DDS is accepting these proposals from regional centers and Community Based Organizations (CBO) for funds available fiscal year (FY) 2017/18.
Regional centers and CBOs are invited to respond to this call for applications for the Disparity Funds Program. Applications must be submitted to DDS by 5:00 p.m. PST on November 6, 2017.
A list of frequently asked questions (FAQ) will be posted to the DDS website by September 27, 2017.
DDS will hold two conference calls to address questions regarding the Disparity Funds Program. Interested parties are encouraged to submit questions in advance of these calls to firstname.lastname@example.org. The dates and times of the calls are:
Friday, October 6, 2017, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Call-in Telephone Number: (800) 553-0329
Wednesday, October 11, 2017, from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Call-in Telephone Number: (800) 553-0329
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND DETAILS:
- State Council on Developmental Disabilities Grants Now Available. The California State Council on Developmental Disabilities (SCDD) and its regional offices administers grants to community-based organizations to fund new and innovative program development projects. Proposals must have statewide impact and relate to one or more of the following SCDD State Plan Goals: Self-Advocacy; Employment; Housing; Health and Safety; Early Intervention, Education, Transition & Post-Secondary Education; Formal & Informal Community Supports. For more information you may visit their website here, or you may also view the informational flyer here.
- The California ABLE Act Board is now seeking Investment Consultant Services. All interested in responding to this Request for Proposals (“RFP”) may find it by searching for the RFP using Event ID: 4330.
- Kern Regional Center has released a Request for Proposal for the development of “Residential Care in the Home owned by the Housing NPO And Other Resource Developments” View the full RFP here.
- The John Gogian Family Foundation supports human service organizations in LA County, focusing on community-based nonprofits of modest size. Grants are only available to tax-exempt organizations with an official 501(c)(3) status. The Foundation is interested in reaching out to nonprofit organizations working with the developmentally disabled. Funding areas include services for developmentally disabled children and adults: therapeutic services, life skills and vocational training, employment, and direct care, including day programs, after-school programs, and residential group homes. View the Gogian Family Foundation website for further details.
- Aidan's Red Envelope Foundation is a non-profit organization whose goal is to help families of children with disabilities and organizations serving disabled children, through its grant program. View the Aidan's Red Envelope website.
- On October 14, 2016, the Community Services Department of the North Los Angeles County Regional Center (NLACRC) released a Request for Proposals (RFP). NLACRC is seeking proposal submissions which will serve individuals who are moving into the community from the California State Developmental Centers and/or require similar services, but are currently residing in the community. View more information here.
- Recently, a variety of Administration for Community Living (ACL) disability programs have awarded funding to enhance the cultural and linguistic competency of the disability network and ensure that all people with disabilities can access ACL-funded programs and services. View their website here for more information on these grants.
ELARC REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
When funds are made available to the Eastern Los Angeles Regional Center (ELARC), we will implement the current policy and procedures to award grant funds for specified projects. The ELARC Board of Directors approved this policy on November 13, 2012. View the Board approved RFP policy.
ELARC has adopted and maintains a policy statement requiring the Board of Directors review and approval of any regional center contract of $250,000.00 or more, before entering into contract. View the ELARC Contract Approved Policy Statement.
Current Requests For Proposals
Enhanced Behavioral Supports Home-Adults: Eastern Los Angeles Regional Center is seeking proposals for one Enhanced Behavioral Supports Home for Adults with the Community Placement Plan Start-up Grants. The facility will be awarded in an amount up to $200,000.00 for service provider start-up costs excluding expenses in property acquisition. It will be the selected provider’s responsibility in property search and acquisition. The facility will be available to serve consumers who will be leaving the State Developmental Center or the Psychiatric Hospital and will reside within their home communities with intensive services and support. View RFP Announcement.
- Mandatory Orientation January 8, 2018
- Proposal Due Date February 15, 2018
Enhanced Behavioral Supports Home-Minors: Eastern Los Angeles Regional Center (ELARC) is seeking proposals for one Enhanced Behavioral Supports Home serving minors with Community Placement Plan Start-Up Grants. The facility will be awarded in an amount up to $200,000 for service provider start-up costs excluding expenses in property acquisition. It will be the selected provider’s responsibility in property search and acquisition. The facility will be available to serve consumers who will be leaving the State Developmental Center or the Psychiatric Hospital and will reside within their home communities with intensive services and support. View RFP Announcement.
- Mandatory Orientation January 8, 2018
- Proposal Due Date February 15, 2018
Community Partnership Mini Grants: Eastern Los Angeles Regional Center is seeking proposals from community organizations to develop an outreach partnership. Up to $15,000 is available to identified partners. ELARC may award the grant to one or more applicants or may portion the amount and award the grant to more than one applicant. Interested organizations are invited to submit an application and a proposal in accordance with the specifications contained in this Request for Proposal (RFP). View the full announcement. View the application.
View the list effective January 1, 2011 of current (if released) and past ELARC's Request for Proposals (last update: 12/8/2017).
If you are interested in being notified of any Request for Proposals (RFP's) released by ELARC which are with or without grant funding, please contact the Community Services Office Assistant at 626.299.4793.
Community Partnership Mini Grants
- Category:Grant Opportunities
- RFP Number:20
- Start Date:March 23, 2017 3:51 PM
- Close Date:TBD
Eastern Los Angeles Regional Center is seeking proposals from community organizations to develop an outreach partnership. Up to $15,000 is available to identified partners. ELARC may award the grant to one or more applicants or may portion the amount and award the grant to more than one applicant.
- Applicant must be located in ELARC’s catchment area or service a significant amount of people within ELARC’s catchment area.
- Applicant must have already established community connection(s).
- Applicant must be able to provide quality outcomes that are in line with the goals of the project.
- Applicant must provide a monthly billing report and progress report.
- Applicant must have bilingual or trilingual capabilities, including in English, Cantonese and Spanish.
- Organization that does not typically work with individuals with developmental disabilities.
Goals of proposed project:
- Increase awareness and understanding of the Regional Center and its services.
- Identify individuals eligible for ELARC services within the catchment area.
- Establish and maintain lasting community relationships with new partners to provide individuals with a holistic service approach.
Interested organizations are invited to submit an application and a proposal in accordance with the specifications contained in this Request for Proposal (RFP). View the full announcement. View the application.
Questions may be directed to Lupe Jacquez, Cultural Specialist at email@example.com