- State Council on Developmental Disabilities Grants Now Available. The California State Council on Developmental Disabilities (SCDD) and its regional offices administers grants to community-based organizations to fund new and innovative program development projects. Proposals must have statewide impact and relate to one or more of the following SCDD State Plan Goals: Self-Advocacy; Employment; Housing; Health and Safety; Early Intervention, Education, Transition & Post-Secondary Education; Formal & Informal Community Supports. For more information you may visit their website here, or you may also view the informational flyer here.
- The California ABLE Act Board is now seeking Investment Consultant Services. All interested in responding to this Request for Proposals (“RFP”) may find it by searching for the RFP using Event ID: 4330.
- Kern Regional Center has released a Request for Proposal for the development of “Residential Care in the Home owned by the Housing NPO And Other Resource Developments” View the full RFP here.
- The John Gogian Family Foundation supports human service organizations in LA County, focusing on community-based nonprofits of modest size. Grants are only available to tax-exempt organizations with an official 501(c)(3) status. The Foundation is interested in reaching out to nonprofit organizations working with the developmentally disabled. Funding areas include services for developmentally disabled children and adults: therapeutic services, life skills and vocational training, employment, and direct care, including day programs, after-school programs, and residential group homes. View the Gogian Family Foundation website for further details.
- Aidan's Red Envelope Foundation is a non-profit organization whose goal is to help families of children with disabilities and organizations serving disabled children, through its grant program. View the Aidan's Red Envelope website.
- On October 14, 2016, the Community Services Department of the North Los Angeles County Regional Center (NLACRC) released a Request for Proposals (RFP). NLACRC is seeking proposal submissions which will serve individuals who are moving into the community from the California State Developmental Centers and/or require similar services, but are currently residing in the community. View more information here.
- Recently, a variety of Administration for Community Living (ACL) disability programs have awarded funding to enhance the cultural and linguistic competency of the disability network and ensure that all people with disabilities can access ACL-funded programs and services. View their website here for more information on these grants.
ELARC REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
When funds are made available to the Eastern Los Angeles Regional Center (ELARC), we will implement the current policy and procedures to award grant funds for specified projects. The ELARC Board of Directors approved this policy on November 13, 2012. View the Board approved RFP policy.
ELARC has adopted and maintains a policy statement requiring the Board of Directors review and approval of any regional center contract of $250,000.00 or more, before entering into contract. View the ELARC Contract Approved Policy Statement.
Current Requests For Proposals
Consumer Loan Fund: ELARC is currently seeking interested a community partner to establish and manage a $150,000.00 consumer loan fund to alleviate the barrier adults with developmental disabilities face in transitioning from institutions into the community resulting from lack of personal financial resources. Payments will be made as a loan to the consumer for basic living expenses to cover the gap from the date of exiting a facility until benefits are restored. Interested parties are invited to submit a proposal in accordance with the specifications contained in the Request for Proposal (RFP). View the Request for Proposals here. For RFP mandatory orientation see flyer for details.
Community Partnership Mini Grants: Eastern Los Angeles Regional Center is seeking proposals from community organizations to develop an outreach partnership. Up to $15,000 is available to identified partners. ELARC may award the grant to one or more applicants or may portion the amount and award the grant to more than one applicant. Interested organizations are invited to submit an application and a proposal in accordance with the specifications contained in this Request for Proposal (RFP). View the full announcement. View the application.
Non Profit Housing Organizations Sought FY 16/17 Full RFP Available: The Eastern Los Angeles Regional Center (ELARC) in collaboration with DDS seeks proposals for acquisition with Start-up Funds of six single family homes for long-term lease to a licensed residential services provider to be selected and vendored by ELARC. Applicants must submit a proposal to develop permanent housing through the "Buy It Once" model where an NPO purchases residential property that will be used exclusively by regional center consumers.
For RFP mandatory orientation see flyer for details.
View the list effective January 1, 2011 of current (if released) and past ELARC's Request for Proposals (last update: 02/22/2017).
If you are interested in being notified of any Request for Proposals (RFP's) released by ELARC which are with or without grant funding, please contact the Community Services Office Assistant at 626.299.4793.
Health & Medical Services
- RFP Number:003
- Start Date:April 14, 2011
- Close Date:May 16, 2011